1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Clock Is Ticking

I wonder if people think that it is generally easy to open an in-home child care center.  It is most definitely not.  The clock is ticking awfully loud for me lately because I am working towards integrating all of the new rules that the Department of Early learning and the state of Washington have ordered to go into effect March 31st.  That booklet above is the package of standards that must be reached in order for me to keep my job.  It has 92 pages of rules and regulations.  Not easy reading.
So not easy reading in fact that they are offering classes every Tuesday for 7 weeks that we have to pay for and attend just to hear the new rules and work on getting them up and running in our childcare centers.  No problem.  I am a rule follower.  I love my job- I just wonder if my clients have any idea what I have to go through to do it!  This is not just a stay at home mom thing.  There are hoops to be jumped through, lots of money to be spent, inspections, classes, forms, paperwork galore, etc. etc. etc. etc.  I'm a little stressed.

Out of all of those rules, the new ones that affect my center filled just over one page of the to-do notebook.  Many centers are giving up and CLOSING.  This makes me so sad because the clients they help will be forced into new childcare, possible larger institutional ones.  Please pray for me as I feverishly try to complete this stuff.  With my minimal income.  I have to give this all over to God because I know that when I do that, things fall into place.  Adam and I see that all of the time in our lives.  Like how we are still in our home (miraculously having paid the mortgage each month with Adam not working steadily.)   That was all God, all the glory goes to Him.  I know this will fall into place, too.  Because I refuse to let a giant book of rules stop me from a job that I love and am blessed to have!  Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥
Song for today is by Toby Mac,  "Changed Forever". ♫  Rock on. ♥

1 comment:

  1. Nicole,
    I will be praying for you!
    I do understand how God is so good, I truly do not know how Pat and I pay the bills each month, but God is always providing...He is amazing!!!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete