1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Do Nothing Day

Sometimes we just do nothing.  Friday was that day!  It was funny because I had planned to watch the movie 'Up' with the kids and then one of them showed up with her 'Up' DVD.  It was meant to be.  Popcorn completed our do-nothing morning.  The kids played at their leisure, munched on popcorn, snuggled on the couch in front of the warm wood stove.  To my disbelief, when the movie ended, I was asked to start it over.  "Seriously?" I asked.  I felt like we should do some jumping jacks or something.  Sometimes we just NEED to do nothing.  Kids are so busy it seems, rushed here and there, play dates and parties, school and daycare, where we scurry around and follow our daily schedule.  I usually mention to parents when they tour our business that we occasionally throw out the schedule and do nothing.  They like the idea as much as I do.  This house can be a place of rest, too.  Good.
I managed to catch up on some paperwork and Smudge wasn't getting enough attention.  He practically wore a path from one end of the desk to the other.   We love our Smudge. Happy Monday!♥♥♥
Song for today is Cosmic Love by Florence & The Machine. ♫

1 comment:

  1. We sometimes have "do nothing" days around here too! It is a nice break from the norm and it is also fun to cozy up and enjoy a movie together! :)

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete