1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thirteen

We spent yesterday counting to thirteen.  'Peanut' our flying squirrel puppet stacked 13 blocks in group time.  We counted and beaded 13 wooden beads.
Wooden beads with shoelaces are a great tool for fine motor skills, color and shape recognition, and patterning.  We use a tray to keep the loose beads from scattering all over the floor.
We glued 13 square pieces onto the paper.  Sometimes I think we repeat the same projects for different numbers too often, but this project works well for the kids I have at Henle House right now.  As long as it works, I am IN!
 A bakers dozen (13) of biscuits finished off our day of thirteen.  YUM!  Best biscuit recipe ever.  If you want the recipe, shoot me a message and I'll get it to you.  We really enjoyed our outside time yesterday- it was so nice to have a break from the pouring rain and snow!   Today it will be exceptionally warm- 61 degrees.  ☼  Happy Thursday!

Song for today is a great live performance by led Zeppelin. 'The Ocean'.  It sounds even BETTER than the recorded version, I think!☼

No comments:

Post a Comment