1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

That's My Name

A friend from church gifted me a stack of small chalkboards a couple of years ago.  We use them for name writing. (Well, doodle scribbling, most of the time.)  Yesterday we worked very hard on name recognition.
We attempted to recognize what our name looks like, saying the letters out loud.  We have done this on paper, but it becomes more fun when we draw our name on the chalkboard.  :)
The kids were tuckered out by the end of our grueling name session, so we got out some "listen and move" music.  I tried to find a link for you to listen to it, but couldn't fine one.  The music is lively, tells us to walk in the circle, march, slide, hop etc.  the kids love it. I suppose I do, too. ♥  Even the littlest guy loves it.
Meanwhile, I am sliding into the finish line with my to-do list for the Department of Early Learning, thank you for the prayers!  We had to come up with a philosophy statement and post it in our center.  Here is what mine states, and I like the idea of that statement being my daily goal.

"I believe that a child will blossom when introduced to a secure and loving environment.  Henle House is a play based learning center that allows children to learn and grow with the added benefit of stopping to smell the flowers and thanking God for His daily blessings.  Being flexible with our learning schedule, based on individual needs and child directed questions and thoughts, it is my joy to be a part of your child's growth and development."

How does that sound to you?  Just curious.
Aiden has pulled out two of his teeth over the last two days.  The tooth fairy is going broke.  ♥
Finally, I made some no-bake cookies that didn't remain a gooey sludge mess.  I tried this recipe over at a friends beautiful blog- go check out Nadine's Nook!  Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥
Song for today is Changed Forever by Toby Mac.  I can relate to this song. ♫  So glad I am changed forever! This is my prayer for YOU. ♥

3 comments:

  1. I love your statement, it is similar to my views with our homeschooling! :)
    So happy the cookies turned out for you!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your statement! Still praying you get everything done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mission statement! =) Also, every single time I come here to comment your design has changed. Does that mean I don't comment enough (probably) or you change it a lot! =)

    ReplyDelete