1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Smurf Pancakes/Pastel Bunnies/Killing A Craving

It's April Fool's Day!  I really wanted to prank these boys because they are old enough to prank effectively.  Of course, Aiden doesn't fall for much anymore, but it was fun for the other two boys.  "Ready for breakfast?" I asked them.  "What is it?" is the usual question.  "Well, Smudge brought me a smurf this morning so I turned it into some pancakes." (No smile from me.)  This went on for half an hour.  They believed me.  (!!)  We all had a laugh when I finally told them, "April Fool's!"
We mixed the paints with white paint to create pastel colors yesterday.
The kids created pastel bunnies. 
We are talking about Jesus, and what easter should mean.  It's a pretty big idea for the kids to grasp, so I'm simplifying it as much as I can.   Nobody is asking questions, so I'm not sure that the idea is sticking.  It's very hard for small children to understand that Jesus died, but is not dead.  "Jesus lives in our hearts!"  (Blank stares, kids looking at their chests.)  Last night as a family we were lucky to listen to a visiting Rabbi speak and attend a Messianic Jewish seder(celebration) at our church to learn about the traditions they use to celebrate the Exodus and Jesus' sacrifice.  It was full of symbolic gestures recognizing what Jesus did for us all.  What an interesting experience it was!  
I also had a ridiculous craving for something sweet and cream cheesy.  I hopped onto Pinterest and searched through my food board and found something.  You can CLICK HERE for the recipe for Cream Cheese Crumb Bars.
Mischief managed, craving killed.  These are fabulous!! I stored them in the fridge.
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment