1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Beauty Of Aging

There she is!  The Wisteria blooms, bringing me great joy!!!  I am thrilled that it has grown enough for me to lead it along the beams.  It seems happy now that it is established.  Kind of like me, happier the more I age.  Someone my age was recently commenting about our age and I couldn't tell if she was happy about it or not.  There is a beauty that comes from aging, and I really embrace it.  All of a sudden, I am comfortable in my skin.  I am taking better care of myself.  My concerns turn to my health, rather than the size of my jeans.  I'm ok with the lines on my face, I'm honestly looking forward to graying hair.  It's a part of life, it is beautiful.  I think there's a peace that comes from embracing it rather than fighting it. Meanwhile, there are some more favorite products that I have and want to share with you.  It's been a while since we've had a favorite things post!
 THIS stuff is a new favorite of mine.  First of all- it's Tillamook.  You can count on creaminess that surpasses all others.  Second of all- it's nectarine!!  This is great with breakfast or as a snack.  It is so good that I feel like I'm eating dessert.  Now that I have discovered it, you can bet that I'll be snagging up enough of them to last me through the week.  The cost is somewhere around $1.00, and worth every penny.
As I age, my skin is changing, too.  I needed a new cleanser and a good moisturizer.  My mom has always used Clinique, so I gave it a try.  I am happy with the product.  It's a little pricy, you can purchase it in Macy's at the cosmetics counter or online.  The sizes above are travel sizes that were included in my initial purchase of the three piece set.  I thought that was pretty generous to include the travel sizes, and I don't go anywhere without my facial regime.  The great thing about Macy's is that when you spend a certain amount (last time it was around $28) you get a free gift, and they do not skimp on the gift.  It's different every month, last time we got two cosmetic travel bags, eyeshadow, mascara, lip gloss, and something AMAZING... see below.
The free gift included a sample size of this amazing cream.  IT IS MAGICAL.  I use it every morning during my normal face routine.  Goodbye under eye puffiness.  Even after you have a good cry.  POOF- gone!!  You can bet that I immediately went online to purchase this magical stuff in a larger size, and I paid about $50.00 for it.  (Got another gift, too!)  
It's downright decadent, and doesn't leave an oily residue. It will last forever, as a little bit goes a long way.  
There, my new favorites for now.  
I failed at taking photos yesterday.  These kids are so smart and didn't even need instruction about the steps to complete this worksheet.  Cut, glue, write and color.  Look at the beautiful way they are holding the scissors!!  They are getting more and more accomplished.
It was raining heavily yesterday morning, we had to carry umbrellas to the bus stop.  Right around 11:00 the rain stopped, the sun came out, and it was HOT!  
I wish every day began with a bit of rain.  The gardens are happy right now. :)
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment