1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Chair Of Doom/Zuko Obeys

Here it is, the chair of doom.  Yesterday it had so many visitors, I couldn't believe it.  Time out is a very effective tool to use in a childcare setting.   I don't even know if I use the term "time out", but I know that I usually say, "Go have a seat."  They go.  No hollering, arguing, negotiating, kicking, pounding, whining, or even staring at me with puppy dog eyes.  That all means more time in the special chair.  Two kids usually do not share the same table if I have multiple kids needing to sit- it's only effective if the kids don't get to have eye contact.  Time in the chair always ends with a talk about what happened, and what to change for next time.  Most of the kids seem like they appreciate the break from whatever was happening.  If I stay on top of keeping kids accountable, there are less times that they need the chair.  They know that I mean business!
Baby Zuko, who is 1 1/2, (not 2 1/2 like I posted a while back) wants to play with Chippy.  Or eat her.  The look in his eyes was serious, so I stood by the door telling him, "No.  We love Chippy." 
"Aaaw, come on, Mom!"
"No, Zu!  Be nice to Chippy."  I swear he can understand.
Fuzzy, but he was angry with me!  "Well this is humiliating." 
He came inside to watch her with me.
Chippy is not scared of the cats.
♥Same scenario this morning!  This time Zuko minded his own business. ♥
That's right, I have nothing better to do than document the animal drama in the back yard.  I love it!  I feel lucky to get to watch them.
One of the greatest things ever is that my teenager asked if she could earn some money- so I no longer have to get out and weed the veggie garden.  What a relief!  
This morning the boys are enjoying some construction time with the straws and connectors.  They are loving the relaxed feel of Spring break.  I'm getting a glimpse of what it will feel like in the summer time.  It is almost MORE work to keep the kids happy when we aren't following the preschool schedule.  I'm finding myself pretty tired at the end of my days this week. 
No blog until next week.  Today is my Friday, have a great weekend!
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment