1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, April 17, 2015

"Remember The Storm?"

We will never EVER forget the storm.  It was the BIG storm that happened while we were walking to the bus stop.  CRAZY winds that broke and bent an umbrella out of shape.  It stole an umbrella, too!  We were soaking wet and crying by the time we made it back to Henle House.  The kids bring it up every time the wind blows.  "Remember the storm?"  I DO remember it, it was incredible!!!  We created some spring umbrellas for art yesterday.  I love it so much that this umbrella above was being stolen by the wind because of the storm.  How brilliant!  
I had these pieces cut out ahead of time.
They glued the pieces to the paper and worked on creating bright colorful umbrellas.
They love oil pastels.  I do, too. 
They added rain drops, and we added glitter glue streams of rain.
They each created their own version of May flowers.  We need April showers in order to have May flowers.
Gorgeous!
"Remember the storm?"  
The kids were keeping a secret from me for several days.  I was cutting a small colony of tent caterpillars out of the apple tree and explained to the kids why they are bad for the tree.  They are all aware of the creatures that are bad for the gardens.  Because of my explaining about the bad caterpillars who needed to go away, they began keeping a secret because they thought I would take it away.  I discovered they had been harboring a habitat of snails and caterpillars in the car toy.  The worried looks of horror that were on their little faces was priceless and I didn't have my camera.  To their surprise, I did NOT kill the caterpillars.  They are NOT tent caterpillars.  I did, however, let the kids know that it is important that they feed their little pets fresh leaves every day or they will all die in there.  I wish I had a tank for them to keep critters in.
The kids are doing a great job caring for their little pets.
Oh my goodness, look who is FIVE years old today!! I remember when she was born, and now she is talking about Kindergarten.  My, time flies.
Birthday day today!
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment