1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, April 13, 2015

Where The Orcas Are

These waters are full of around 90 resident Orcas.  They don't stay here forever, just a few months to feed on Herring and Salmon.  I have never seen them up close and personal.  This is Lime Kiln Point State Park on San Jaun Island, here in the Puget Sound.  My, what a beautiful state we live in!  To get here, we drove about an hour North to Anacortes and took a 50 minute ferry ride.  We then drove about 20 minutes South.  It was COLD!!  The wind is a sharp surprise, don't let the sunshine fool you.  See that land in the distance?  That is Canada, and my phone thought I was roaming the whole time.
Like the super model pose?  I had to set the camera up and run without falling across the rocks to get in position in time.  
I really wanted to see the whales, but only caught what might have been a glimpse as we were driving around.  The windy roads made me really car sick.  
We celebrated our tenth anniversary here.
Back to the grind this morning!  We've got a lot of stuff to get caught up with for preschool.  I'm looking forward to a normal week. 
From the soundtrack for 'The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty' (Excellent movie!) a great song called "Lake Michigan" by Rogue Wave.
♥♥♥Happy Monday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment