1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, January 30, 2015

Our Daughter Is An Artist

Her artistic talent does not come from me.  I love when Stephanie paints.  She isn't very vocal about what she is doing, either.  I will just find art in her room.  
Here is what I found this morning when I went in to retrieve laundry.  She's gearing up for another canvas.
Here's a closeup of what she's planning. 
Good Lord, she is growing up.  This photo is already almost two years old.
Meanwhile, we are reviewing colors.  We have sorted colors into columns countless times, and the kids stay busy with it.  
I am still enjoying the sunshine, and love the way it brings a soft light into the living room.
The kids enjoyed the geoboards yesterday.   Something funny-  yesterday was day two of them sitting on the table. On day one, I stacked them all up in a pile.  Not one child touched them.  All day long.  I rearranged them as shown on day two, and the kids played with them all day.  It must be all about presentation.
Scholastic is awesome and sent me ten copies of this book for the kids.  I love Scholastic.  Warning, the next photo is not for the squeamish.
Smudge has been bringing me rat gifts from the lake.  The battle is real, I have to bleach everything when he does this.  He is so proud when he brings them to me, if I could just catch him outside and pet him excessively then before he brings them in, I would be so happy.  Thanks Smudge!!  You are awesome.  Our neighbors are happy that he is such a hunter.  One of them told me that they always see him with a creature in his mouth.  Not bad for a cat who spent all of his life inside before he moved here!  He has dumped a rat on the floor in front of clients, too.  (Embarrassing!)  
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are fighting the very same battle! Our cat brings them in alive, in the middle of the night, and lets them go, and thrashes wildly around the house with them. I stay in bed. Trapped two in the last two days. Not sure I can deem her a good "hunter" any longer. :/

    ReplyDelete