1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Beautiful Winter Morning & Loud Music

The lake was beautiful this morning, painted in a wintry pink sunrise.  It was a very cold walk to the bus stop.  We looked for frozen spider webs, but didn't see any this time. (Strange.)
While we often dread the task of dragging ourselves to the bus in the cold morning, it can turn into a positive, quickly.  The birds are everywhere, it's neat to watch large flocks of crows flying above us.  There are some die hard fisherman at the lake every morning.  I'm always glad to have had an early morning walk.
Yesterday we practiced tracing the letter Jj.  Exciting, right?  I can't believe how young some of these kids are, and here they are looking like 1st graders.
Look how wonderfully he wrote his name!
Thank you for the prayers for the kids yesterday!  Please continue praying if you think about it.  While several are back this morning, another has fallen. 
We finished our tracing so fast that I felt like we needed something else to do, so we got out the note cards and paper clips for a little bit of fine motor practice.
It can be a challenge for kids who haven't used a paper clip.  The idea is to place one along each drawn line.  
They all did a great job!
I had a side kick, baby Zuko.  He is so skittish, but when he chooses to be bold, he is VERY bold and walks right underneath my feet.  I had to try not to step on him for over an hour while he trailed my every move.
Now playing at Henle House:  "Over The Hills And Far Away" by Nightwish.  Glorious Nightwish, who I am so glad I got to see live in Seattle right before they fired Tarja, the lead singer, for being a diva.   Turn it UP.
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment