1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, January 12, 2015

Day Or Night

Happy Monday!  This morning at the little red table, the kids are playing with a rice and beans bin.  There are countless ways to play with this- just add and remove props.  I added some cooking utensils, measuring spoons and baking pans this time.   I am so happy to have the red table back in place!  It's a great distraction for the kids, and keeps them out of the way for other arriving children.
Friday we worked on the concepts of day and night.  We have done this type of activity before- but my brain shut down and I couldn't come up with anything to replace it with.  
Half of the paper was black, to represent night.  The other half was light purple, to represent day.  Purple??  Proof of my brain freeze.  I was mentally checked out, I'm sure. 
Anyway- they enjoyed sorting and gluing the small pictures into the correct time of day. 
A few years ago, I was lamenting about how to get the kids to try the tomato soup when it was served for lunch.  Adding goldfish STILL works!  I believe that I even blogged about this when it happened way back then, but I'm still happy to see the kids trying their soup when we have it.
Everyone is sporting their Seahawks gear lately!  One of these days I will try to get a group shot.  Might have to wait until "Blue Friday".  We are all pretty excited to see the Seahawks return to the Superbowl again!
♥♥♥Happy Monday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment