1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

WARNING: Sunshine Brings Excessive Joy

I didn't realize the mood I had been in.  It's pretty normal for me to start to feel mild seasonal depression right around January- February every year if I haven't spent much time working out in the sunshine.  In fact- I take a Vitamin D supplement every day to ward it off.  We had a BEAUTIFUL weekend, the temperature was in the low 60s, I couldn't believe it.  I grabbed my garden tools and spent a couple of hours out in the sunshine, just digging up weeds, cutting pruned branches down.  I then spent time sitting in the rope chair just feeling the sun, soaking it in as much as I could.  I really feel better.  Sunshine brings excessive joy.  It's like a drug for me.  We spent all of our free time outside in the sunshine yesterday.  Look at her hair, blowing in the wind as she spins upside down.  Ultimate freedom!  Excessive joy!  Thank you God for the sun, my favorite star.  I forgot just how important it is. 
The plan was to spend the morning at this park, and the afternoon at the other park.  The sun is at the park above in the morning, and at the other park in the afternoon.
Fuzzy, but one of the eagles was perched in it's usual spot.   
It felt so nice to not be cold.  
The trees and gardens are confused.  Many vines in our gardens are sprouting new growth.  The daffodils are about 4 inches tall right now.  I hope it doesn't freeze.
The tire swing was popular.  I was entertained just by watching and snapping photo after photo.  (Fuzzy ones, sorry!) 
It was perfect.
She brought me.... a slug.  Thanks, I think.  She was thrilled about this find.   I blame the sunshine for causing her excessive joy.  A SLUG.
 Cheese!
I've got to remember to get outside more.  It's so easy to fall into a habit of staying in for the winter. 
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment