1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Paint Some Jam On The Bread


 We are still working on the letter Jj.  The kids painted some jam onto the bread for art.
I usually try to make sure the kids have cut outs of the letter to glue onto their art.  It can be difficult, they often get inverted.  That's one thing I make sure to correct..  There is no wrong way to complete art, but I want to make sure that they are looking at the letter correctly.
They glued the pieces of the bread slice to their papers and then painted "jam" onto the paper.  I considered using real jam, but it would just dry clear. 
 There was lot's of talk about how delicious the bread and jam looked.  Gasp- I should've read them the story called "Bread And Jam For Francis".  I loved that book as a child.  I'm not even sure where the book is, I'll have to get it out.
"That looks so yummy, can I have a bite?"  He thought I was so funny.  He would hand it to me and then snatch it away to save it from being eaten.  In the past years, we have created many things for the letter Jj.  Jellyfish, jaguar masks, jelly and Jupiter are some other options.
At the little red table was some foam dough.  This stuff is great.  Light as a feather, doesn't stick to the kids' hands, and doesn't dry out.  You can purchase some HERE at Discount School Supply.
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment