1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Good Things Jar & No Resolutions

Well folks- we made it to the end of 2014!  Tonight we will read through our jar to remember the good things that happened this past year.  I hope the kids see this as valuable.  I sure do!  Time flies by, and we forget the small things that bring us joy.  That is the point of this jar in our house.
It sits on the kitchen window sill next to a popsicle stick recipe holder that Ethan made for Mother's Day several years ago.  In the recipe holder are some strips of paper, ready to be used to write something good down.  It could be something as simple as "Today I saw an eagle," or "I had an amazing dream."  We do not read them or tell anyone what we have written down.  We just write down the "thing" and date it and sign it.  This is a great way to keep our glasses half full, and to be reminded of all of the blessings. 
Right about now, I'm willing to bet that people are making their New Year Resolutions.  I do not ever do that.  Here's my thought- If you have something that you are feeling led to do- do it.  NOW.  Not next year.  Start each and every day as though TODAY is your last chance to follow through- your last chance to say something important- your last chance to start something.  If by the time you go to bed you can look back at your day and say to yourself, "Do I feel satisfied with the way I treated people today?  Did I do everything on my list to the best of my ability?  Did I do my best to glorify God?", then you have accomplished so much more than any New Year Resolution that you can come up with.  
I'll drink to that!
♥♥♥Happy New Year!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment