1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

How They Play

Lately I have been enjoying watching a particular group of kids create bridges between chairs for the trains to ride on.  Sometimes they use train tracks, sometimes they use the kindling I put on the tool bench for them to build with.
They have been putting the chairs just far enough apart for it to be dangerous for any passing trains.
They play this for quite a while.  They congratulate themselves and each other on every disastrous crash.  
It doesn't matter how I envision them playing with something that I put in the playroom, they will always create their own way of playing with it.  I'm so glad they have each other to play the same ideas and have fun with it.
We are currently working on the letter Hh.  
The problem I did not foresee about tracing the H's was that the kids were confused about the line in between each H.   Drawing a few H's in a different color for them to reference was helpful.
We celebrated a birthday after school yesterday.  The younger kids were anticipating it ALL DAY!   Finally, when he returned from school the kids decorated cupcakes and enjoyed a rowdy singing of "Happy Birthday".
It's a tradition now to have a crazy dance party to The Beatles 'Birthday'.  We all wait for it, it is really loud, and the birthday child feels the buzz in the air about his or her own special celebration. 
Now playing at Henle House-  The Flower Waltz from The Nutcracker.  I'm still not finished saying that I wish I were a ballerina.  I told one girl this morning that I wish I were a ballerina but I am too old to dance like that now.  She said, with lot's of spunk, "(Sigh), You already HAVE a job."   She probably rolled her eyes, and it was perfect. 
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥ 

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Jack builds lots of bridges at home too! He's done this forever. Hopefully it will translate into good life skills someday!

    ReplyDelete