1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, December 19, 2014

Jesus, King Of The World


 I have been so busy that for me, it hasn't yet really felt like the Christmas season.  What I was lacking was Jesus.  I often tell the kids about Jesus, yet I hadn't REALLY driven it home about why we celebrate Jesus being born.  How on earth could I possibly articulate how precious Jesus is?  I have to think like a child.  "Jesus is the king of THE ENTIRE WORLD!  He has saved us all!!  He is stronger than Superman, Iron Man, all of the superheroes put together.  He has more love in his heart than the entire world!  He even defeated death."  (Looks of awe came from the kids.)  I was actually thanking God that nobody asked me what Jesus saved us from, because I'm not sure I want to give all of these sweethearts nightmares.  
We created a small baby Jesus.  I love to let kids draw faces on all by themselves.  Each one had such character.
We added a hand print camel to the scene.  I explained to them that people traveled through the desert on camels to see Jesus.  They all know that a star guided them.
This was the finished product. 
I printed this story out for each child and stapled it to the bottom of their scene.  You can print one out HERE at this link.
I love this!
NOW it feels like Christmas.
We took a minute to go see the nativity that has been set up.  I'm not sure if the kids noticed it before yesterday.  With the story fresh in their minds, they were excited to see a 3D version of it.
I saw something great on Facebook.  "Jesus is not the reason for the season, He is the reason for every day of our lives." 
Meanwhile, the cats found their stocking, loaded with three freshly sewn and catnip filled pillow.  They were each wrapped.  Smudge found it first.
He almost ripped the stocking apart, so I gave in and gave him his gift.  
Petra immediately followed.
Her mouth is always open in her play time photos.  
Zuko loves to push his pillow around with his face.  He will just push it across the room.  It's hilarious! 
Something awesome- Smudge seems to be feeling better after steady dosing of his organic herb drops.  
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment