1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Just Let Them Play

Every now and then I am reminded of something- most preschools only operate two, maybe three days each week per class.  My preschool program is a five day program.  I suppose that I just figured that since they were here, I would teach them something.  Nobody is making me do it.  The Department Of Early Learning hasn't forced me to write my curriculum, or even schedule one.  They do, however, require that we follow a daily schedule.  ANYWAY- my point is that I often forget to just step back and let these kids play all day.   I'm an orderly sort of person.  The schedule is invigorating to me.   It helps me pass the time, and this is a long work day for me.  (Usually 11 hours.)  
We have been so busy that we just decided to play all day yesterday.  The kids got out toys and dress up clothes.  They moved at their leisure to any activity they chose, all throughout the house.
 It's therapeutic for them to have an extended free time.  Some of these kids could build block towers for hours.  The house was busy with chatter!
I couldn't get through it without a group photo, at least once.   We had a pretty energetic Cindy Lauper dance party.  Free day doesn't mean that I get the day "off".  I'm just as busy as usual, even though we are having free time.  I am the one who must "look at this" or help the kids work out their differences.  Even in the chaos, the kids are still supposed to clean up after themselves, and they all do a fantastic job of  that.  It's impressive!  Sometimes I write "Free Day" on the curriculum schedule, but not nearly enough.
♥♥♥Happy Thursday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment