1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Game Day

Guess what?  My handsome hubby purchased me a shiny new camera for Christmas!  Guess what else?  I am so not educated about cameras that I am still figuring out how to take a photo that isn't blurry.  It could be a while before I get it all figured out, so please be patient with any fuzzy blog posts over the next couple of weeks.  I am thrilled to have a new camera- it's beautiful.   It's a Nikon Coolpix600.   It weighs less than the camera I was using, and the flash and zoom actually work. ♥  I cannot figure out how to up the shutter speed to capture children in motion, and that is rough because most of my photos include children in motion.  Anyone know how?  It says nothing in the manual, and the internet isn't helping, either.
ANYWAY- we had a board game morning yesterday.  Any time we have a break from school, I try to keep the kids busy with activities that they don't see every day.  I got out several games that would cater to each age group.
Here is what our mornings have been looking like!  Cartoons!
It's finally cold again- we built a nice fire yesterday.  It's blazing again this morning, too. 
I have no problem with kids relaxing with cartoons in the mornings.  Especially when they all work so hard at school and preschool.  I want their break to actually FEEL like a break.  That means it is necessary to relax the schedule.
Candyland is always a popular choice for the kids.  Not much reading involved, just colors and taking turns.
Another fantastic game is called Pop Up Pirate.  The kids take turns inserting their pirate sword into the barrel.  Only one slot is "loaded" to make the pirate POP up out of the barrel, and when it happens everyone is always surprised! 
For the older kids, that game called Rush Hour is fantastic.  This is a one person game, but more than one child can participate if they choose to.  
The child chooses a card and places the cars onto the traffic grid as shown.  The goal is to get the red car out of rush hour traffic, by only sliding the cars along the grid.  It's a great puzzle game, a time killer, a thought invoker.  Two thumbs up!
Of course, there is always time for trains.  Every day. 
I figured out how to play with the color on the new camera.  Pretty neat!  (Probably very old news to most of you, but my old camera was really a dinosaur.)  I never would've bought myself a new one.  I'm very grateful to my handsome hubby!  
We really took advantage of the sunshine yesterday and walked down to the park to play.  I left the camera home because I hadn't figured out the shutter speed.  It was a BEAUTIFUL afternoon! 
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment