1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, December 22, 2014

Goats Milk Soap- Revised

Alright, I finally received the scented essential oil I was waiting for and decided to attempt to make more soap.  I am 100% happy with the results this time and thought I would share with you.
To see the process that I used to make soap last time, you can click HERE.  I was not pleased with the time it took to melt the soap in the microwave, and it made the soap pouring process very messy and tricky because the soap was cooling too quickly to pour a smooth bar.  This time I double boiled the soap base on the stove.  I just took a medium size sauce pan and filled it 2/3 full of water.  I placed a bowl over the top of that, with the soap base inside.  I turned it up to high, and in minutes, (praise the Lord!) my goats milk soap base was melted into a beautiful, milky, creamy substance.  What a difference!  
This doTerra Wild Orange oil was the magic ingredient for this particular batch of soap.  Orange scent in the winter time is a wise decision, particularly for anyone who lives here in the Pacific Northwest, trying to find a ray of sunshine in the long dreary rainy winter.  The scent awakens your senses- you can drop some of it into your water for a refreshing orange taste.   It fights depression, brightens your mood.  
I poured a generous amount into the soap mixture.  Probably about a third of the bottle.
Next, in went some grated mandarin orange peel. 
This time I used a soup ladle to pour the delicious mixture into the soap molds.  It was much smoother, there was not soap everywhere like last time.  The mixture remained melted and smooth in the double boiler.
I prepared the labels the same as before.
I love the way the orange peel looks.  The house smelled amazing for a couple of days!
These will be Christmas gifts.
Friday, the kids created some gingerbread ornaments.  They were kits and were very easy for the kids to put them together.
Just peel and stick!  Although some of the pieces weren't sticking, so we had to get out the glue.
It was pretty easy though.  You could create this project using construction paper pieces, too.  
Stephanie put a scarf on baby Zuko over the weekend.  
♥♥♥Happy Monday!♥♥♥

1 comment:

  1. I want to make this with you!! I haven't tried soap yet and you seem to have worked out all the kinks! =)

    ReplyDelete