1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, December 8, 2014

Gingerbread Village


 This is a project that I have to hold onto and wait to complete until I have few enough kids.  There is a kit that includes five small gingerbread houses to build and decorate, and I usually find it at Target.  The size of these is wonderful for small hands!  
The kit contained royal icing, ready to use.  I remember way back when I was a cake decorator for Albertsons, I often had to whip up large batches of royal icing in order to create what we called "dummy wedding cakes".  Royal icing dries like cement-- it is perfect for decorating a gingerbread house.  I am always happy when a kit contains the royal icing.   Have I mentioned that I have finally "retired" from creating wedding cakes?  My last one was two years ago, I think.
I used the paint trays to hold candy. 
They told me where they wanted some frosting, and I would squirt it onto the house for them.  They could then freely decorate away!
 I didn't even have to get out my own decorating tubes.
"Miss Cole, look at mine!"
I added some icicles for them.  
What a beautiful village to display!  Sweets for my sweets.
On the flannel board, the kids have been playing with the snowmen, trees and stars that were created over the summer.  I was glad to have these prepared in advance.  Things are just so busy in December.
Say a prayer, will you?  Search and Rescue is diving at our Blackmans Lake this morning in a search for a fisherman who went missing Saturday.  It feels pretty solemn walking through here to and from the bus stop today.
♥♥♥Happy Monday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment