1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Happy September!

Praise the Lord God that September has arrived!!  I feel like I am alive this morning-- it's the first day of our preschool year.  I thought it would NEVER arrive, the kids can feel the electricity in the air.  They can tell that something is different-- the mood has changed.  It's time to build knowledge.
They were all happy to see the leaves and lights again.  They know that Fall is my favorite.  I love being here with the warmth that those simple additions bring.  It smells like pumpkin.
Since we no longer have our wall tree to decorate with leaves, I put some up above the loft for them.  Now they can pretend that they are in a tree.
I have completed the tedious task of removing all of my summer candles from my storage and getting out all of the Autumn scents.  I am a candle nerd.
My first group of breakfast eaters were talking excitedly about preschool and kindergarten.  We will take our first trip to the bus stop tomorrow morning!
Yesterday I spent some time shredding about 10 cups of zucchini.  I like to separate it in one cup zip lock bags, and then store those all in a freezer bag for use all winter.  This will make zucchini bread mornings a snap!
Last week we enjoyed some classic Winnie The Pooh cartoons.  Every child should experience the simplicity of this.  Some cartoons available these days are so crazy-- extremely loud and busy.  Winnie The Pooh is like a warm cup of cider-- smooth and warmth to the soul.  
I heard more chatter and laughing than usual.  They all really enjoyed it!  You can stream Winnie The Pooh from Netflix right now. 
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!  Happy September!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment