1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Happy Fall!

Halleluja! Today is officially the first day of Autumn, the season I wait for all year long.  Thank you God for this season of crunchy leaves and warm colors.  There is NOTHING that I dislike about Fall.  It is time to make hot apple cider and cozy up in our homes after a nice walk through the woods.  Yesterday I cut down the corn stalks.  My goal today is to have them placed around the house for decoration.  It's time to take the kids on a wander through a local corn maze or two.
I have my Halloween costume, Raggedy Ann.  Above is my doll from when I was two.  I got her out and she is attending group time with us daily so the kids will know who she is, and recognize my costume on Halloween. 
We created a brown bear yesterday for art!  We are still recognizing the sound of the letter Bb.
I cut out these pieces in preparation.
You can always add a stick to a project and have an instant puppet.  
The kids painted the paper plate brown.
They glued the pieces on and drew a mouth.  
This was a quick project and the kids enjoyed it!  I love when they can create art that inspires play. 
It was sprinkling outside, and while we could have gone out and would've actually enjoyed it, the kids opted for playing inside.  They each chose their own activity and just played.  There is such value in play time!
The kids learn how to cooperate, sharing, teaming up and imagining together. 
♥♥♥Happy 1st day of Fall!♥♥♥
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment