1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Let's Find A Circle!

The little table has been a great spot to set out some manipulatives in the morning for some free play.  The kids enjoyed the wooden puzzles yesterday.
Of all of the puzzles in the history of Henle House, the fishing puzzle has always been the favorite.  The fishing rod has a magnet on it that "catches" the fish.  It's great!
The kids also love a big book during group time.  We don't do anything different with it, just reading it on a larger scale.  They still enjoy it more!
Since we have been talking about circles, the kids have been working on noticing things around us that are circle shaped.  We began with a worksheet that I thought was boring, so once we colored some of the hidden circles on it, we got up to move around.
We would move to one area at a time around the house and look for anything that was circle shaped.
They caught on pretty quickly.
It's much more interesting for preschoolers to learn while up and around!
We have an amazing sturdy shopping cart outside now!  I paid $5 at a yard sale, and was really thrilled to find it.  Can you see what she is pushing around?  The cash register.  I will see how many days in a row I can capture her with it.  She loves it so much that if she ever leaves Henle House I will let her take it with her.
♥♥♥Happy Thursday!♥♥♥
On a somber note: it's 9-11.  I'll never forget how late I was to work that morning because I couldn't walk away from terror of the towers crumbling on live tv.  Praying that my children won't experience the terror we all felt that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment