1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, September 8, 2014

Imagination Day

We were on our way to the table for art and a song came on.  We hadn't heard it in a while and had to have the most amazing dance party EVER.  It was the Lego Movie "Everything Is Awesome" song.  I'll post a video below so you can have your own dance party. 
It's fun to just turn up the music and get your groove on.  It really helps them keep going if I am dancing WITH them.  I feel ridiculous, but it is really a good time!!
We finally made it to the art table.  This is a kit project I have been holding onto for over a year now.  Keeping with the color red and the letter A, we created an apple core. 
It really only took about ten minutes.  The kids still enjoyed it.  It's nice to create an object instead of just working with paper.
This was the final project.
Outside into the sunshine we went!  Remember, she always carries that cash register with her.
On occasion, I don't let them open the toy shed.  (I know, MEAN, right?)  I don't think so.  I tell the kids it's "imagination day."  That means run and play outside and use what's available.  Sticks become wands.  Leaves become pretend food.  They actually USE the play house that can often sit empty for days. 
This time they played a very involved game of "house". 
 They were forced to think of something to play, and that can lead to them finding things that they have to show me every few minutes.  I encourage that!  Someone pointed out leaves on the ground to me.
Look how excited he was to collect some!
Here they were, on slug alert. "Miss Nicole, there is a SLUG out here!  Kill it!!"
I challenge you to eliminate the toys for your preschool age kids for an hour.  It's important that the kids learn to entertain themselves!
♥♥♥Happy Monday!♥♥♥
"Everything Is Awesome" from the Lego Movie.
Dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment