1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Red, Rain Boots & Imagination

Everything is about the color red lately.  We threw out a worksheet and created a page of red.  Sometimes I don't know why I bother making copies of worksheets.  Maybe it's just something to fall back on if my creative juices aren't flowing.  The kids colored the letters red.
They proceeded to add red dots to the page.
Finally, they added red yarn to the lines of the letters. 
I had no idea how much I would end up loving this!  It looks like graffiti.  The kids had a rough time getting used to the glue on their fingers.  Gluing yarn can be a messy task, and the yarn ends up sticking to glued fingers.  We worked through it, though.
The kids wore the rubber boots!  It has been a very long time since we have needed them, and they were actually pretty excited. 
I love to see them smiling and running outside.  I don't know why the faces are blurry, I must have hit something on the camera.  They had so much fun just running in the rain that when it was time to come inside there was surround sound moaning and protests. 
After school, this happened.  She was the "racecar judge".  She was actually yelling, "Start your engines!"
These were the cars.
"Go, go go!!"  
This was all their own idea.  It makes me happy to see that the kids can play even without toys.  
It is important for kids to be able to imagine.
The toys didn't even need to come out of the shed. 
♥♥♥Happy Thursday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment