1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, September 19, 2014

Bear Hunt & Puzzle Pumpkins

We went on  bear hunt yesterday in celebration of the letter Bb!  These books were a steal from Scholastic for only $1 each. 
This book is best read when acting it out with the kids as a group.  They enjoyed it so much, I'm sad I didn't order a copy for myself. What was I thinking?
Anyway- we worked our way through the book, meandering through tall grass, a river, mud, a cave etc.. until we reached the bear! 
The art was beautiful.
Once we rushed back to our mats, the kids enjoyed thumbing through their own copies and "reading" it themselves.  They remember what the words are for most of the pages.  It's a repetitive book.
For art, we created a pumpkin.  This time I cut the pumpkin into three pieces for the kids to piece together.
I encouraged them to leave a bit of space between each piece so the black could show through.  It's a nice effect!
They each used oil pastels to draw stripes, trace around the pumpkin shapes and color in between the stripes.
I love to use black paper.  It makes the art stand out!  The tracing added a very nice glow!
I tried to give them two different colors to use for some contrast.
The result was wonderful!!  I love pumpkin art, and these were just great!
Only four more days until it is officially Fall!  We have been counting down.
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment