1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, September 29, 2014

Batty About Pumpkins

We created some bats on Friday!  
The kids glued on the pieces, added clouds, eyes and mouths. 
Sometimes cotton balls can be tricky for kids to use because they are so easily glued to finger tips.  This can be so distracting that the kids can't think of anything else until their fingers are clean.  It happens every time.   That's when I have to start the pep talking.  "We will wash when we are all finished!"  "It's ok, a little bit of cotton and glue doesn't hurt us at all."  "Ok, I know... it's really going to be ok."   I usually end up picking cotton off for them so they can focus. 
I think the best part of creating anything with a face is the way the mouths are drawn on by the kids.  They create character.  Above, one is secure, while the other one seems a little worried.
Scared? Sneaky?
Confused? Befuddled? Your guess is as good as mine.  I love all of them.
I went a little pumpkin crazy over the weekend.  The front walkway has some beautiful pumpkins scattered along it now.  It's funny that I got them all at the grocery store, but promised my kids that if they want to wander the pumpkin patch, I will still take them to it.  At the store, someone I hadn't seen in a long time noticed my cart full of pumpkins and wasn't surprised to find that it was me behind it.  Pumpkin and Fall/Halloween obsessed Nicole.  I can't help it.  It's clearly the best and most beautiful time of year!!  
In fact, I had a fun time with Adam and the boys last night at Zombie Paintball in Arlington.  I'm glad it was a groupon deal, and that it wasn't too scary.  It was just right for the boys to enjoy!  (As far as adult groups go, this wouldn't have been worth it.  Not scary or long enough.)  
Hey- I'm looking for new music to download.  What are you enjoying lately?  Please share!
♥♥♥Happy Monday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment