1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Bus Stop!

Today is the first day of school!  The two boys in front were so excited that they really didn't eat much of their breakfast.  The preschoolers are always excited to take the morning walk to the bus.  There is so much to see along the way and while we wait. (Which always seems to take FOREVER on the first day..)
Off they went!!  The bus driver was very nice. :)
Back to Henle House we walked.  These guys are expert line walkers.  I am so proud of them!
We already need jackets in the morning.  
We began our preschool year yesterday by re-introducing the letter Aa and the number 1.  I try very hard to use different worksheets or ideas every year because so many of the children that are here now were here last year as well.  It's good to mix it up for them.  They stay interested!
Some can trace the letter very well, and others are learning to grip the crayon and control it.  
I cut up the worksheet about coloring just one item, and we created a small booklet out of it.
They each colored "just one" item per page.  
I stapled them together.  Fast and effective!
Since my school aged kiddos didn't start school today, they worked on a writing prompt.  
"Why I am excited to go to school." 
I loved the responses.  They were excited to meet new friends and that they get to stay at school ALL DAY.
It was a really great first day!!  I love this job so much.
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment