1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Number One

Yesterday we got out the sensory bin.  Since Fall is near,  I added some craft leaves to the mix.
It was a hit!  I couldn't resist running my hands through it, either.  
We continued on with the number one.  Number one can be tricky because there are variations to what it looks like.  Sometimes it looks like a lower case L, other times it looks like the traditional 1.  I found a worksheet useful this time.  To enhance the worksheet, the kids would need to glue the pieces onto a piece of construction paper and attempt to write the number one on the lines below.
I set out an apple to remind them that there was only ONE apple on the table.  
We have been pointing out things around us that we only see one of.
Glue and stick.  Press it down.  Repeat.
They all have pretty good control of the glue stick.
Concentration tongue!
Now it was time to color in the lines and practice writing the number one.
Fantastic work!  
"Come With Me Now" by Kongos.  I downloaded the album yesterday and it's a nice upbeat find.  There are three songs I had to omit from my work day playlist because they all three drop the "F" bomb, but overall- an interesting catchy collection of songs!♫
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment