1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Never Enough Cookies

We are learning what the letter Bb looks and sounds like!
The kids glued bits of several worksheets onto their papers and followed simple directions.
Can you decipher the letters that were drawn?  I usually circle the ones that were completed by the kids so the parent knows which ones they did.  The others are often letters that I helped them to draw, either by guiding their hands or drawing it for them.  The circled ones are genuinely 100% drawn by the child.
Smudge has continued to corral the kids into their hand washing line for three preschool days in a row!  We love it!
The rain is planning to return this week, and we have our rubber boots outside, ready to be worn.
Lately, we have been watching the spider that spun this beautiful web.  It always has a bug.  If you can't see it very well, click on the photo for a larger view.  The spider itself had just retreated to a hiding place, but the web is always here.
The veggie garden is looking tired.  We don't have any edible cobs of corn this year.  Believe it or not-- I grow corn every year with the idea of using it for decoration in the Fall.  Sometimes we actually get corn to eat, sometimes not. If we do, it's considered a bonus. 
She was showing me the giant flower!  All of the Mammoth Sunflowers are blooming right now!
Meanwhile, I had a craving.
Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 1/2 cups flour
Cream butter and sugar until smooth.  Add everything else except for flour. Mix well.  Add flour until smooth.  You can either refrigerate or knead with flour to make the dough smooth enough for rolling and cookie cutting.  I just throw the bowl of dough into the fridge between rolling so that when i need more dough, it is cold.  It rolls out very easily when cold. 
Bake 6-8 minutes at 350 degrees and cool on wire rack.  They turn out well at 7 minutes.  Frost with cream cheese icing and sprinkle whatever you want or nothing at all.  These cookies are the bomb!
I'm glad I have groups of kids to help me eat them because I don't want to be alone in this house with those cookies.  I could eat the entire batch.  Yet I continue to bake and bake and bake.  There are never enough cookies.  How are you all adjusting to the school schedule?  We are plugging along and things are about to get busy.  Ladies Bible Study starts tonight and I'm looking forward to that.  Our Life Group Bible study will begin soon and Adam and I are REALLY looking forward to that! Adam will be coaching Aiden's soccer team AND Ethan's basketball team.  My husband is awesome. And handsome.  That's right, Love.. I'm talking to YOU.  He reads my blog every day.
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥  

No comments:

Post a Comment