1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Tent City/In The Flower Garden

The kids were not interested in working at the table, so out we went.  We got out the tents for the day.  See the girl in the center?  She carries that broken old cash register with her everywhere she goes when we are outside, every day.  I don't know why, she just carries it with her.
For a long time, I couldn't see anyone.  Just happy sounds.
Tents are so wonderful, especially when they fold up easily for storage.  We don't get them out every day, and that makes it so that when we DO, the kids are overjoyed.
They played in them all morning, and into the early evening.  I like that they are in them out of the sunshine.  
In the flower garden, these sunflowers are stealing the show!  I didn't have much luck with my Mammoth Sunflowers this year.  So many of the seeds didn't ever germinate, and several that did were killed by slugs.  Evil slugs of death.  There are four Mammoth Sunflowers that are still climbing towards the sky and threatening to bloom.  I love this variety above that shoots buds out everywhere.  I can't remember the name of this type, but my kids gave me the seeds for Mother's Day.
This old watering can served well all summer as a pot for a ground cover. 
This Dahlia looked dead for most of the summer, and I noticed some blooms on it yesterday.  
I think these might be Lupine?  More seeds from Mother's Day.  They look pretty strong, and I hope they will return in the Spring and maybe flower.
Another variety of sunflowers that are blooming.
I love that the Chicks and the Spanish Moss have greeted each other.  I have been taking Spanish Moss from the front garden and transplanting it in the back garden under the trellis.   Lucky for me, some of it had a small Chick in it that I hadn't noticed and it is now growing beautifully in the back garden.
The Sweet Peas are taking off later than usual.  They smell so wonderful!  I am so thankful that God has allowed me the time to take care of a garden.  
This beautiful Clematis is blooming a second time in the back yard. 
♥♥♥Happy Thursday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment