1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Beach Day

We escaped!  It has been WAY too long since we were able to do it, and I drove as far as our time would allow us to.  We ended up at Edmonds Marina Beach.  I used to bring my baby Stephanie to this beach.
First things first.  Abandon all foot restrictions.
♥  It felt amazing. ♥
We arrived before 10:00.  Not very crowded, it was perfect! 
This guy was mesmerized by the Puget Sound.  He stood like this for a while.  
I had boys.  Five of them.  Sand building ensued.
It was therapeutic.  The beach is medicine.
 Gazing.
We found a small bucket, and later a claw shovel.  The boys were happy to use them, and we left them there for the next group of kids to find.
This man had a beautiful wooden kayak.  He enjoyed his ride and stopped to say hello afterward.
We stopped at the playground on our way to see the marina.
I was interested in the boats, they were interested in going over the bridge.
It was such a beautiful day! 
A quick lunch before we ran back to the water and made our way down the beach.
Ethan has always been my water boy.  He loves the water.
 I snapped over 100 photos.  
How on earth I was able to choose which ones to post this morning-- I don't know. 
A train was carrying plane parts.
The kids enjoyed the waves caused by the Edmonds to Kingston ferry.  
The guy on the right-- I love this.  He was just doing what I love to do-- stop and listen.  I think he really loves the beach.
I took the longest way possible home.  Driving is one of my favorite things to do, even if I am driving nowhere.  We drove by the Meadowdale Beach.  As a kid, when we would come to visit My Grandparents, we would walk down to this beach and play.  The dock is in such disrepair now that it isn't safe to be underneath it.  I have fond memories of this area.  We didn't get out, just stopped in the road to take a photo.  Luckily there weren't any cars behind us. 
It was the best day ever.  I love this job!
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment