1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Let's Go See The Tree

 "Let's go see what the giant tree looks like all dressed for summer!"  We wandered down the street again.
 I love that this group of kids does such a great job walking in line. 
 "Here it is!"
 "Yay!  Run!"
 We walked around to the back side of the tree.  The kids noticed that there weren't any leaves changing yet.
 We did notice some seeds.  We call these "helicopters". 
 Thank you God for such a beautiful tree!  I'm glad the kids enjoy popping down to visit the tree.  It was their idea.
 "Bye, tree!"
 The tree sits on church grounds, and tucked away behind the church is a great little park. 
 "Hooray, I see the park!"
 I was glad that it was shady.  It was very hot yesterday.  Remember when we came to this park on purpose early in the summer because it was sunny instead of in the shade?  My how times change. 
 Gasp-- what a wonderful surprise to find these beautiful leaves changing!!
 This photo makes me laugh.  He was checking out the tree leaves.
 A genuine laugh!  Awesome!
 I tried to teach these little guys to swing on their stomachs so they could play without my having to push them.  Self sufficiency is a good thing.
 I have to monitor the tire swing to prevent upset stomachs.  I will never forget the summer when a girl vomited in the tree next to the play ground because of heat and too much spinning on the tire swing.  You can't really tell how hot it was just by looking at this photo, but were it not for the shade, they would have all been covered in sweat.
 I brought this beauty home with me.
 "Take a picture, Mom!"  Aiden was enjoying the swing. 
 The girls enjoyed the teeter totter.
I enjoyed the view.  A hawk was soaring around.  Do hawks and eagles usually soar around each other's territory?  We have two eagles who live in the trees in the left of the photo.  They hatched two babies this year.  I see them all soaring around quite often.
We took the back way home, our house is just up ahead.  I will never get tired of taking photos of the kids walking in a line.  Sorry!
We stopped to take a close look at the apple tree.  This one is much shorter than ours, so the kids got to see the apples up close.
"Bye, park.  Bye, apple tree!"  Saying goodbye can really help with transition.  There are no negotiations about when it's time to do something at Henle House.  We usually tell whatever the activity is "goodbye" so the kids can have some finality.  It makes my life just a little bit easier.
After a hosing down in the afternoon, they enjoyed frozen Go-Gurts.  It was a fabulous day!
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful experience for them , I bet they'll never forget those visits. That tree looks well worth the visit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It makes me so happy when they remember other visits to the tree.

      Delete