1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Sand Crabs & Hero Bandaids

Yesterday we got out some craft sand.  In my mind, I am still on the ocean shore.  I thought we should create a crab!
This was one of "those" projects where the supplies are not a free for all.  That means that the kids have to wait for their turn for each step.  This can be quite challenging when everyone is under 6 years old.  Luckily, the kids were all excited for each other as the steps were being completed.  
First, each child painted the bottom of their paper with some Elmer's glue.  They chose some sand colors and worked on spreading the sand over the glue to create a colorful beach.  When it was sand time, we made sure to use a tray to catch the loose sand.
These two were entertaining the crowd while they waited. ♥  Insert my smile HERE!
The next step was to paint the kids' hands.  
"Does it tickle?"  They always ask each other that question.
To create the crab, print the hands as shown above.
Add googly eyes to the tips of the thumbs.  Everyone loved the crabs!  There was lots of giggling and snapping going on.  I asked the kids if they had ever eaten crab before and they thought I was kidding. 
The results were wonderful!  After the hand prints dried enough, the kids each drew on a mouth.
Someone got a scrape on their leg and was just about to melt down.  I started jumping up and down because I had recently replenished our bandaid supply and hadn't told anyone what kind of bandaids I found.  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to the rescue!!  Suddenly, he was THANKFUL that he had an injury.
"Awesome!"  
"Aaaaw, I wish I had an owie.."  
"I bet you feel better now!"
It was almost like a congratulatory celebration of the bandaid.
No more tears!  Bandaids are like little heroes, saving the day one scrape at a time.
I forgot to share this the other day-- now that the leaves are starting to turn and fall, I love to collect a few of them to place around the house.  Fall is my favorite time of year.  But how do we keep the  leaves from wrinkling up into a wad of crisp?  Dip it in wax.  It keeps it moist enough to prevent crumbling while on display, and smells good if you use a scented wax.  I use a melt warmer to smell up this place, so it's easy to just dip the leaves in there for a quick wax bath. 
There is nothing better than using God's art as decor.
♥♥♥Happy Thursday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment