1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, August 22, 2014

Paper Toss Game/ Saying Thank You

We gathered in the living room to create a paper toss game.
Each child needed one cup and some paper.  
The kids wrinkled up some paper to create a wad that could be tossed back and forth using the cup.  Taping the paper balls would have been helpful, but I didn't have enough tape laying around.
When the kids figured out what to do, they were anxious to go outside and play with their toss game.
They abandoned ship!
They didn't really play with the game for very long, but it was nice to create something that encouraged them to be active.
To store the games, I loaded the cups and papers into a quart sized ziplock bag.  (2 cups so the kids could play with someone at home.)
Meanwhile, my son was busy writing a thank you note for some money he received in the mail for his birthday.  It is VERY important to take the time to teach kids about thank you notes!  I feel like that gesture is slowly dieing in a world of electronics.  It is very special to get snail mail, and several of my friends and I still write notes and mail them.  I don't want my kids to forget to say thank you and express gratitude towards others.  It is also important for them to learn how to address an envelope and mail it.
This one went to his great grandma.  One thing that drives me crazy is when we send a gift or cash in the mail and never hear from the recipient.  (Did you get it?  Do you care?)  It's a pet peeve of mine.  I cannot express enough the importance of teaching our kids to say thank you.  It's meaningful.
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥  
**It's my handsome hubby's birthday today!!  We are now in the same decade.  Phew!**

No comments:

Post a Comment