1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, August 18, 2014

Ocean Escape

We were blessed to be able to go to the Oregon coast for a three night stay.  We stayed at a vacation house on Rockaway Beach with the handsome hubby's side of the family.  It smelled amazing!  I crave salty ocean air, in fact- I feel like I'm not finished breathing it in.  Thank you God for the camera.  I can look at the photos and reminisce.   Here are some of my family, rushing out to put their feet in the water.  The ocean beckons.
It makes my heart happy to see my babies enjoying it!
A sea monster in the mist..
Heading "home" to the not so humble abode, it was a beautiful house that slept 25.
My niece took lots of photos.  I'm sure they are interesting!
Every time the family gathers, Grandpa Kays takes his silly poems out of his wallet and passes them around.  They are usually funny poems about getting old.
Here is my father-in-law, playing in the sand.  He held steady at that angle for a few seconds.
The birthday boy, my Ethan turned 11 on the first day of our stay.   What an amazing birthday present it was for him to play at the ocean!
Something amazing happened-- I learned that a friend of mine lives near where we were staying!  She popped by for a quick visit, and now I know for sure that she is real.  We had met briefly once, several years ago and have been facebook friends since then.  It was awesome to see you, Emily!
Stephanie is holding the sun.
The kids worked for a few hours building a sand castle.
I'm glad Stephanie took photos!
I'm sure that they enjoyed destroying it. 
It was a beautiful trip-- it was great to see the extended family  and I really loved the scenic drive.  Something of note: I saw some leaves changing colors!  Praise the Lord that Fall is near!  By the time we arrived home I think we were all ready to be here.   Now the countdown to school begins.  The kids return to school in 2 1/2 weeks.  Here at Henle House we are going to start group time again to prepare for the regularly scheduled activities for preschool. I am READY!! 
♥♥♥Happy Monday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment