1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Marshmallow Construction

All you need is some mini marshmallows and some toothpicks.  I purchased the flat ones by accident, but found that it eliminated finger poking.  Score!
We built whatever we felt like constructing.  He was very focused, and really proud of his creations.  Look at that concentration!
I only had one little guy yesterday.  I was worried that it might cause a challenge for me, but it turned out to be a great day.  I had an excuse to just sit down and play with toys so he wasn't alone the whole time.  I actually enjoyed some marshmallow and toothpick construction, too.
Into a ziplock bag went his creations so he could take them home and play further.
We played with the train track and trains.
Concentration tongue.  I love it!!  It was 96 degrees yesterday-- balmy.
Over the weekend we celebrated Ethan's 11th birthday!  I can't believe how fast the kids are growing up.  I know that some of you have been following the experience with his ADD and medications.  Something of note:  He went to the doctor yesterday for a check up and we learned that he has not gained any weight since he started the meds.  This is troubling, and cause for concern.  A common side effect is lack of appetite, and it hadn't occurred to me that he might be under weight.  The doctors orders are to fatten him up by making sure that whatever he eats is loaded with calories, which might be hard being that I usually cook low calorie food.  I've got to add butter and cheese and cake and ice cream to everything he eats.  He is completely ok with that!!  If he doesn't start to gain some weight we will have to switch medications.  If you have a child taking ADD or ADHD medications, keep an eye on the weight gain. 
♥ Meanwhile, Stephanie picked up her drivers permit yesterday!  These are exciting times. ♥
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥

2 comments:

  1. He did play with the marshmallows more at home! For a couple days until they got really gross and I tossed them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is wonderful! I will have to send some more home with him. ♡

      Delete