1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Marshmallows And Toothpicks

A friend of mine posted some photos of her family creating marshmallow and toothpick creations.  What an easy and fun idea!  We made some time to do that last week. 
Just poke the toothpick into the marshmallow and repeat.  They were excited to find me pouring marshmallows out in front of them.  I am surprised that I didn't have to ask the kids not to eat too many.  We have a bunch of rule followers here!
The possibilities are endless as far as what can be created.  Even if they create NOTHING, it's a great sensory project.  It's a good way to work on those fine motor skills. 
I showed them that you can create shapes, too. 
Aiden created a video game on a screen.  (Of course.) 
Triangles became a tent. 
Ethan went a different route and created a cobra.  Neat, huh?
Smudge update- he was an open mouth sleeper right up next to the speaker that was playing loudly.  Crazy cat. He's such a great sidekick.
A mystery was solved- I thought that a child was responsible for the recent shredding of the stitching on our outside chair.  As it turns out, we think Chippy is moving in to our apple tree!♥  I am happy to let him take what he needs for it.  I've always wanted to know where he lives.  The to-do list this week will involve me adding a small pile of frayed fabric for him to use in his (or her) nest.  We love our Chippy!  Happy Monday- it is a great day indeed!  Today is the first day working alongside my hubby, and we have some new kiddos here.  So far so good!♥♥♥
Song for today is "Blue Lips" by Regina Spektor. Now playing at Henle House.♫

No comments:

Post a Comment