1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Flubber

Yesterday we made "flubber"!  But guess what?  The day before, we made "gloop" and I was very proud of myself for allowing a horrific mess (even though we moved it outside..) and had all of the photos to prove it.  Then I accidentally deleted them.  I am mourning the loss of them- gloop was really cool.  It's a mixture of corn starch, water and liquid watercolors.  I had a green hand for about 24 hours.  Next time I will use food coloring instead!  ANYWAY- we made flubber. 
In a bowl, add 1 cup of Elmer's school glue to 3/4 cup of warm water.  Mix thoroughly.
Everyone had a turn. :)
In another container, mix 2/3 cup of warm water, 1 1/2 teaspoon of powdered Borax and 3 drops of food coloring. We chose green, because anything gross and slimy must be green.  Pour the Borax solution into the glue mixture.
Using your hand, or someone else who doesn't mind a mess, gently lift and turn the mixture until it resembles a squishy brain substance.  You will probably have some liquid leftover.

Seeeee?  So cool!
Eventually, it will look like this.  You can squeeze the extra liquid off of it and then you have flubber!
When it sits, it will flatten out.  You can flop it around.
You can tear it apart!
You can squish it. It feels like rubber.
You can use a straw and create fart noises. 
It will streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch....
It will wiggle..
It will BOUNCE!  This little guy was very excited to learn that.
When you hold it, it's pretty hard to resist just squishing it.  I think this project costs about $6.00.  We had enough to split a generous amount into ziplock bags for three boys.  Happy Friday!  My handsome hubby is coming home today, I can't wait.  My thoughts are with several of my cousins who are military wives, one in particular whose hubby has been deployed since September. ♥♥♥

Wish I Could Fly by Roxette.  Beautiful, I love the strings.♫

1 comment:

  1. So creative. :) Khenan is still enjoying his rocket ship. Thanks for posting the pictures. I love seeing what they do each day.

    ReplyDelete