1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Chalk Fireworks

We created fireworks on black construction paper with chalk.  Boom!
This project is so easy and it's fun to see the different representations of what a firework looks like. :)  Not everyone wanted to participate, so I only had two to show you.  Aren't they cool?
Meanwhile, it's some sort of miracle that the vegetable garden is even alive.  We have had rain and rain and rain, our temperatures barely reaching mid 60s for months now.  REALLY? (Yes- I was yelling.) The country is on fire- except for us.  We don't need sunshine, right?  I did have to replant all of the green beans, pumpkin, spinach, onions and zucchini seeds at one point because the ground was too cold and wet the first time around.  I'm very grateful to see it looking ok!
I'm most thrilled about the beets.  This is my third year trying to grow them and this year they are already looking better than the last couple.  I honestly pray over this garden every day.
The snap peas are blooming- that has the kids excited.  Some of them remember eating them last year.
Operation tomato is plugging along, too! 
Meanwhile, in celebration of "summer", (or lack thereof..) I made a strawberry short cake but used white cake mix instead.  It was nice.  I put the strawberry sugar mixture between the layers.The cake was moist- Stephanie liked it more than shortcake, and then lucky for us some friends came by and helped to finish it off.  :)    Happy Friday! (Well, it's my Friday) We have my childhood best friend and her family coming to visit on Thursday- we have been friends since the very first 10 minutes of kindergarten.  They are coming all of the way from Utah- I hope they bring some sunshine!☼
Song for today is My Blue heaven by Gene Austin.♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment