1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I Saw It On Pinterest

I love Pinterest.  So many useful bits of information are right at my fingertips every time I log in!  I think I will keep posting about things that we find and complete thanks to Pinterest from here on out.  So this is my first official "I Saw It On Pinterest" post. :)  Here is the original post that I re-pinned.  All you need is a piece of wax paper, a bar of Ivory soap and a microwave.
Place the soap on the wax paper and microwave on high for a couple of minutes. 
I know the photos aren't the best, but a transformation of the bar of soap is happening right in front of their eyes!
It's expanding...
It's ballooning and slowly morphing into a cloud like shape.
We opened the door to see.  It kind of shrunk down a little when we did that.  It felt like tissue paper!
We saved a piece to hold onto while we cooked it some more.
As it ballooned into a cloud, I moved it into a bowl for some sensory play.  The part of the soap bar that was still solid went back into the microwave to complete the transformation.
This is what came out.  I love this!
I had a very hard time convincing the boys to play with it.  I don't know why- it's pretty neat.  It crumbles into a powder, but also tears like tissue paper.  You can squeeze it into a sort of ball.  After I walked away from the bowl, a few boys decided it was snow and proceeded to throw it in the air and stomp it into the patio. (Insert my cranky face HERE.)  A broom later, all was well.  All because I saw it on Pinterest. Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

2 comments:

  1. That's also one of the steps in making your own powdered laundry soap...a few more ingredients needed but you're part way there. :)

    ReplyDelete