1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, June 29, 2012

Shop Snohomish


 We love living in Snohomish.  We are in town, too.  Walking down to the Farmers Market on a Thursday evening is a welcome idea!  I drove last night- but if I wanted to walk I could.  Luckily for me, a group af ladies from church all met downtown for shopping and dessert- I was "in". 
Sorry about the fuzzy iphone photo-- as I meandered up 1st Street I came upon a sweet little shop called Glitter & Ivy.  Inside I met Julie, the owner.  Look at her warm smile!  The fact that she keeps her shop open on Thursday evenings for the Farmers Market made me smile.  This shop is a must stop, ladies.  It's full of all of the type of things that I love, antique looking decor- interesting signs and shelving- and who wouldn't love to chat it up with Julie?  We talked about the joys of working loooong 11 hour days- but when one loves what they do, it is all worth it.  I know from experience.   The bag on the counter held my purchase.
The "Carrots" sign.  I couldn't leave without it!  When I got home, it found it's home right above another recent sign purchase.  There is something about Washington Apples signs and labels that I love.
 Something else that I tried on a whim- adding scrapbook paper to the hanging window.  Stephanie had been working on a school project that required paper, and i stole a few pieces to throw behind the window panes. 
I just used some tape and thought I'd probably take the papers down after I realized they didn't look right.  They are still there- I like the way it adds some color.  Funny that this one has a crow.  Now along with our resident squirrel, we have a crow who hangs out in the front yard.
This little space is becoming my favorite.  The new carrot sign just fit right in.  When you locals get a chance, shop Snohomish! Go see Julie in her shop- you will not be disappointed.  906 1st Street.
Meanwhile, Smudge thinks he is a person and joined the kids for dinner the other night.  They brought out his bowl so he would feel welcome.  NO, I don't normally feed animals at our table.  We just love our Smudge.  Happy Friday!♥♥♥  We are heading to the library this morning. :)
Song for today is called "Happy Swingin'" by Shemian.  Not sure what this really is, but I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment