1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Baked Trout

My dad took our boys fishing on one of the many lakes that dot our area.  I was thrilled because I still don't have my fishing license for this year and I am always craving trout. I had to share this simple recipe.
Make a pesto:
Add lemon balm, 1/2 cup of olive oil or vegetable oil, and 3 garlic cloves into a food processor. Blend until mixed and chopped well.
Stuff fish with onion slices, a blob of butter, and a little salt and pepper if you like it.  Spread the pesto on top of the fish, I shoved some inside, too.  Bake at 350 degrees in a casserole dish (I lined it with tinfoil) for about 35 minutes. Yum yum yum yum yum yum yum! I LOVE trout.  Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥
This song fits my mood about the weather this morning.  Dear Lord, I need some sunshine.  Or some grace to deal with our lack of heat. Amen.  Oh- it's "In The Hall Of The Mountain King" by Epica.♫

6 comments:

  1. oooo...that sounds so yummy. I have tons of lemon balm growing in my yard and I'm never quite sure what to do with it. Thanks! But alas, we already ate the trout that my boys caught...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lemon balm pesto is also great in fried chicken or shrimp. Just pop it into the pan with your meat and let it soak up the flavor. Also- put some into a jar with some tea bags if you like to brew sun tea. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your recipe...we still have a few trout in the freezer from Pat & Jacob's fishing trip a few weeks ago.
    I never thought to use Lemon Balm in pesto! :)

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadine, the lemon balm in our garden came from YOUR garden!♥

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete