1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Magnet Art

The kids looked at me kind of funny when I gave them their paper for art the other day.  Tiny circles of paper, how on earth would the kids create art on something that small?
We ordered a magnet project from Oriental Trading.  Instead of using the kind with pre-decorated paper designs, we created our own.
Stephanie came to our rescue and let us use her colored pencils.  We needed something with a fine tip to be able to color on the tiny circles.
The kids doodled a little, and we highlighted the whole thing to make them bright.  I added their names.  This project wasn't as personalized as I would have liked- I felt like I was doing the art... I don't like that.  I do, however, like having extra magnets on the fridge.  It seems like we never have enough!
See how the art is magnified when we add the "bubble"?  I used hot glue to secure the paper to the back of it.
See?
The magnet had a sticky side.  We just stuck them onto the paper.
Now we have magnets with names on them. :)  Happy first day of summer! The sun made a rare appearance this morning- I am so excited and will probably play all day in it.  We are all lacking Vitamin D, I'm sure. ♥♥♥
Toby Mac- "I'm For You".  Great message. Listen LOUD!♫

No comments:

Post a Comment