1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Losing Teeth

Aiden lost his other front tooth last night.  I had a wisdom tooth pulled this morning.  We're just losing teeth around here! I have to tell you what my usual dental appointments are like.  I've been going to the same one for about 8 years now.  He's great- a helpful guy who has always helped me out when it comes to my bill.  Always lets me make payments.  I'll be forever uninsured, I'm sure of this. I also have the unfortunate problem of not being able to numb efficiently.  This results in several Novocaine shots before the procedure, several DURING the procedure, and me being a nervous wreck the entire time, just bracing myself for the inevitable jolt of pain.  We have an understanding.  he has the Novocaine ready, I have to raise my hand and he will shoot me up again.  It seems to take hours every time I go.  Root canals, crowns, extractions, repeat.  No preventative care here, just me calling when something breaks or hurts.  I tossed and turned all night last night in preparation for my 7AM extraction this morning.  A nervous wreck, I prayed all of the way there that I could manage to just sit still and be helpful to Dr. Westford.  Four painful Novocaine shots later, I was ready.  I braced myself.. and closed my eyes tight.  I saw some tools moving around here and there, and TWO MINUTES later, the overhead light flipped off and he placed some gauze in my mouth.  Done.  REALLY?  Amen- I can't believe I lost sleep about that.  It was the quickest and most painless visit I have ever endured.  I was SHOCKED.  I thought he was kidding- we have known each other long enough for him to joke a little.
We had a great trip to Sequim.  Here are the kids- it was so cold that day.  We hiked to Marymere Falls at Lake Crescent.  It's a small hike, very beautiful.
Lake Crescent is such a beautiful spot to stop and wander.  We were very blessed by our family time. Happy Monday!  Off to pain pills and couch for recovery time now. ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment