1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Great Magazines

Good morning and happy Monday!  I love Mondays.  I find them refreshing.  Monday brings out the best in me- I have had a break, I'm now ready to go!  I thought I'd highlight my favorite magazines today.  One of them is Family Fun Magazine.  They have a wonderful website as well, so easy to explore. 
 I love this magazine because there are always fabulous ideas tucked inside.  I think I've been subscribing to this one for about 10 years now-  my first subscription being a gift from my Grandma.  What a great gift idea- I use each issue to pieces and even keep them to reference later.
Next up- Taste Of Home Magazine.  What a great way to inspire me to branch out of the usual meals we prepare here.  The recipes are usually simple, with a few ingredients we haven't tried before.  That has been fun for my husband.  He loves food and especially enjoyed eating capers.   I have used this magazine for hors d'oeuvres  the most.  (Did I spell that right?)
I saved the best for last.. this is my favorite magazine of all time.  Country Gardens Magazine.  I would love to jump inside of every page and wander around.  This magazine is full of horticulture, planning, helpful information and tips, beautiful scenery and stories about people enjoying their gardens.  Sign me up for life!  My favorite thing about this magazine is that they usually feature at least one garden shed just like the one on the cover above.  My goal is to have one someday. 
This was a great article about the garden of the author Beatrix Potter.  Boy would I love to wander that path!  Once there was a neat article about antique garden tools, I am now on the hunt for some to hang on the wall in our living room.  The rustier, the better.  What magazines do YOU like to read?  there may be some gems out there that I wouldn't want to miss out on.
Song for today is The Perfect Occasion by RJD2.  That's what is playing at Henle House right now. ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment