1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Family Time

This may be old news by now, but it is STILL snowing here in Western Washington.  Parts of our state are now being covered in freezing rain, crippling everyone who dares to go out.   Here we are, all of us, still tucked into our home.  The power has been on and off consistently over the last two days.  Adam and I have not been working.   (This is scary.. but God will fix it somehow.) 
Chippy has made an appearance.  I'm glad he found the bird seed and corn!  We love finding his little footprints in the snow.  I tried to move the feeder out of the snow, but it is frozen solid.
This morning there is a plump bird at the feeder.  ♥  My nesting/feeding everyone phase has not gone away!  I must save everyone from cold and hunger while it is snowing.  Animals included.
Look who else decided to cook up a storm this morning?  The handsome hubby made hashbrowns, eggs and bacon. 
I whipped up a banana bread loaf to bake before we lose power again.  Look!  An egg in the shape of a heart.  Proof that this banana bread was made with love by mom.
I am having a hard time with all of the snow gear taking over the laundry room.  I want to clean it, but it has to be there in order to dry for the next outing.  Coats, gloves, hats, boots, and snowpants are in piles.  They will be heading out again this morning.
We have been enjoying so much family game time!  I recommend having a family game night plugged into your calendar schedule at least once per week.  We used to do this years back with the kids, and have recently started up again.  Since the snow storm began, we have been playing games together every day.  It's great bonding time! I love that our kids are old enough to play for themselves.
It's a nice alternative to video games and tv.
But I had to snap this photo of our kids the minute the power went out yesterday.. They rushed to grab their battery powered electronics.  As if on the same team, plopped themselves down for a power outage video game session. ♥  Happy Thursday!  I have a feeling school will be closed tomorrow as well, since it's only a half day anyway.
Song for today is Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi.  Yes I still have my 80s poster of Bon Jovi safely tucked inside of a tube in the attic. ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment