1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Update

A couple of weeks ago I took off with some gal pals to Port Angeles for the weekend.  I highly recommend getting away for that amount of time at LEAST once a year if you are a busy wife and mother.   I look forward to an escape, and this one was great.  It was much needed quiet time to chat uninterrupted, eat, take in the scenery, as grand or not as it may be, and to just drive.  None of the photos have been edited and something was changed in the camera settings, so not many of my photos turned out.  But I think you get the idea.  Above is on the shore of Lake Crescent.  It is located on the outskirts of the Olympic National Forest.  Just driving that highway alone, is worth it.  The views were beautiful, and the leaves were changing.
The water is always a teal color.
We hiked the short trail up to Marymere Falls.  Those stairs were a bit tough on my knee, which is still trying to heal.  I'd say it's about 95% now.  4 months and counting.
Marymere Falls.
 We broke for lunch at the top.
Girly gab time- did I mention that every woman should escape? 
I thought this car was note worthy.  We were having chinese food for dinner and this car was parked outside.  "Deer."  It was a great time and my favorite part was the drive.  I think I'm refreshed now for another few months.  I always feel the urge to get up and just go.  Not because I don't love my family, but I do get a bit tired of being at home every day.  I work here.  I live here.  I don't get to get out as much as I would like to.  I am incredibly blessed to be able to do so on occasion!
Another update- Halloween is coming and Stephanies bestie actually MADE this costume for her!  That is talent!! They are plotting a mask now.  (Catwoman.)  Steph is excited because this year she is throwing a Halloween party at our place.  I don't know who is more excited actually, me or her?  Everyone say it together, "FUN!"
Chippy came into the house.  He is too shy to actually take the peanut out of my hand, but he will come right up next to us if there is a peanut involved.  Meanwhile, everyone is loving school again!  We enjoyed open house for the boys last night- they each showed us around their classrooms and were excited about it.   All is well!
My sticky note verse right now is this:

Phillippians 2:3-4 "Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interest of others."   Happy Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment