1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

In The Gardens

Ok, you have gathered that I love the gardens.  Here is what has been happening in them lately!  I thought these daisies looked great in the vase box. ;)
The mammoth sunflowers are looking like, well, mammoth sunflowers!  I look forward to these all summer.  Sunflower heads make GREAT gifts when they turn to seed.  Pop them in a box with a note that says,"Feed the birds!  From my garden to yours." 
This is a pretty variety, very deep maroon/purple.
Snapdragons might bite you as you enter the front gate...
Seeee?  These keep reseeding themselves every year.  ☺
Sweet peas are very easy to grow and smell wonderful.  They like to climb up chicken wire, and that's good because the state made me chicken wire this front rail.
Here is what I refer to as "devil garden" because of the disgusting rhododendron roots and stumps.  The sunflowers and pumpkins hide it for now. ♥
Time to hang some herbs to dry.  My little drying rack wasn't going to work for what I had coming in.
 I got out the twine. (Of course.)
That'll do it!
Peppermint plant from Nadine.. it is so wonderful.
"Miss Nicole put weeds in her house."  One said to another.  Ha ha ha!!! Happy Thursday! ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment